Tuesday, September 23, 2014

How the Fashion Industry can damage the Environment

The fashion industry is one of the most harmful industries against the environment. I personally did not know, prior to my research, the things that I wear such as my shoes, my shirts and my jeans can have such a major effect on the Environment. The fashion industry has damaged the environment in many ways. As I type this blog and I look at my dad’s new dress shirt, I wonder the effects it has caused on the environment. I am assuming the cotton that my dad’s shirt has pesticides that will “substantially cause water pollution and land pollution.”[1] The colour of my dad’s shirt is a bright green, which could be because they used, “chemicals from toxic dyes”. Also , I want to mention the human effect from my dad’s shirt that has potentially been made by underpaid workers in toxic environments. When my dad paid for the shirt, he just helped that factory still get away with de-regulating the workplace, and underpaying the workers. Also, who knows the harm that my dad’s clothes have had on animals and species in those environments. One piece of clothing can have a major effect on the environment, and we need to be aware of that to help prevent the damage that occurs from it.


Written by: Inderpal Brar


[1] http://www.treehugger.com/style/green-fashion-7-reasons-why-you-should-care-about-sustainable-fashion.html

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.
    www.ADGConsulting.com.au

    ReplyDelete