Friday, December 5, 2014

Interview with Nigel from Free Geek-Part 1

I had the pleasure to go to Free Geek Vancouver to see this awesome and  progressive non-profit. As I came in to the building at 1820 Pandora St, Vancouver, BC V5L 1M5 and as walked into the door, I saw the store. My eyes immediately lit up, and the consumer was screaming at seeing the prices of this Mac laptop that was only $150 dollars. As I was waiting for Nigel for the interview; I could not believe all the junk people throw out and how Free Geek turned it into something useful. Seems like they are following the old phrase of turning nothing into something, and I pinched myself that all these laptops, chargers and DVDs were at one time labelled as junk or waste of old electronics. But, Free Geek used this junk and turned it into something brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment